SCLogic had another great year at the National Association of College and University Mail Services (NACUMS) Conference in New Orleans, LA. Once again, SCLogic had the privilege of providing the campus logistics solution to track the session attendees.
The campus logistics solution setup for the NACUMS Conference was a fairly simple process as each attendee had a badge with a unique barcode and each individual session also had a unique barcode. Using a handheld device, the conference staff members were able to scan the attendees in and out of the sessions. This created a time and date stamp of who attended each session and if they stayed for the entirety of that session. At the conclusion of the conference, staff members pulled a report of each attendee to verify they were eligible to receive their various certifications.
A few key takeaways from this year’s conference are:
- Intelligent lockers are here to stay. For the first time in conference history, the number of intelligent locker vendors outnumbered the package tracking vendors.
- Surprisingly, many universities are still experiencing a 20% increase in package volumes year to year. What’s the cap?
- The number of campus logistics software exhibitors was significantly less than previous years. Those that once made a splash for being new didn’t attend, while others didn’t even bother to show up for their sponsored events. It just shows it takes more than coding some shiny screens on a mobile device to ensure success and longevity in this industry.
- A frequently questioned topic was the USPS Integration, with several speakers touching on it as well.
- SCLogic’s Bruce Little conducted an excellent session highlighting the additional workflows universities can manage with the use of their regular package tracking software. The session went SO well that SCLogic decided to host their first User Group at 2019’s NACUMS Conference in Orlando, FL!
As always, if you have any comments or concerns feel free to leave a note below or to email us at email@example.com!