SCLogic had another great year at the National Association of College and University Mail Services (NACUMS) Conference in Pittsburgh, PA. We were honored to be the software solution chosen to track the session attendees again this year.
Setting up your campus logistics software to track people, like we did for the NACUMS conference, is a fairly simple process as each attendee has a badge with a unique barcode and each session also has a unique barcode. Using a handheld device, the conference staff members can scan the attendees in and out of the sessions. This creates a time and date stamp of who attended each session and if they stayed for the entirety of that session. At the conclusion of the conference, you can pull a report of each attendee to verify they are eligible to receive their various certifications which are dependent on the sessions they attended.
A few key takeaways from this year’s conference are:
- Surprisingly, intelligent lockers were the most questioned topic at the show.
- Some universities/companies are still experiencing a 20% increase in package volumes year to year.
- The number of Campus Logistics Software exhibitors were significant; but it takes more than just writing some shiny screens on a mobile device to ensure success and longevity.
- Another frequently questioned topic was the USPS Integration, with several speakers touching on it as well.
- Hooper, the new SCLogic Mascot, loved meeting everyone at the show!
Make sure to keep tuning in to my blog posts to continue learning more about tracking software! If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below or visit my company’s website at web.sclogic.com.